Crew Resources Department
The aim of Crew Resources Department to control that company’s vessels are adequately manned by the Owners with qualified, skilled and certificated crew.
The Crew Resources Department is responsible for:
• controlling that all vessels are manned by the Owners in accordance with Safe Manning Certificate requirements.
• ensuring that potential candidates are in possession of the requisite qualifications and certificates;
• ensuring that all sea personnel are medically fit;
• controlling of safe crew repatriation and dispatch to and from, the assigned vessel;
• ensuring that the manning agency used is implementing the company's requirements at recruitment stage and during crew appraisal;
• ensuring that all seafarers have received pre-joining familiarization prior to being assigned onboard a company managed vessel;
• ensuring that all sea staff certificates are valid and available at all times;
• maintenance of records for qualifications, training and experience of sea staff;
• encouraging crew members to improve and update their knowledge and training;
• evaluating the manning agency's performance based on its ability to follow company's established criteria and procedures and the quality of the seafarers provided.